Foshay Learning Center
Foshay Learning Center places among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Graduation Rate Highest graduation rate (Top 20%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 5%)
- Foshay Learning Center's student population of 1,957 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 81 teachers has grown by 6% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||1,957 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||81 teachers|
- Foshay Learning Center is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 9,595 schools in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 24:1 has decreased from 26:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall School Rank||#7791 out of 9,595 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||24:1||24:1|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Los Angeles Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school to Foshay Learning Center is Alliance Patti And Peter Neuwirth Leadership Academy (0.6 miles away)
- The nearest middle school is Community Preparatory Academy (0.5 miles away)
- The nearest elementary school is Birdielee V. Bright Elementary School (0.4 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Los Angeles Birdielee V. Bright Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 728 students
1771 W. 36th St.
Los Angeles, CA 90018
(323)733-1178 0.4 K-5 728
- Los Angeles Community Preparatory Academy Grades: K-8 | 256 students
7511 Raymond Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90044
(323)751-1460 0.5 K-8 256
- Los Angeles Martin Lur King Junior Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 473 students
3989 S. Hobart Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90062
(323)294-0031 0.5 K-5 473
- Los Angeles Public Policy Charter Grades: 5-8 | 92 students
1701 Browning Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90066
(323)205-7920 0.5 5-8 92
- Los Angeles Alliance Patti And Peter Neuwirth Leadership Academy Grades: 9-12 | 630 students
4610 S. Main St.
Los Angeles, CA 90017
(213)342-2874 0.6 9-12 630
The Common Core State Standards Initiative has changed the course of education in the United States, particularly with its emphasis on standardized testing. But how does standardized testing affect teaching quality? Keep reading to find out.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.