Foshay Learning Center
Foshay Learning Center places among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Graduation Rate Highest graduation rate (Top 20%)
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%)
- Foshay Learning Center's student population of 1,886 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 76 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||1,886 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||76 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Foshay Learning Center is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 9,584 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 25:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#8256 out of 9584 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||25:1||23:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Los Angeles Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school to Foshay Learning Center is Alliance Patti And Peter Neuwirth Leadership Academy (0.6 miles away)
- The nearest middle school is Community Preparatory Academy (0.5 miles away)
- The nearest elementary school is Birdielee V. Bright Elementary School (0.4 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Los Angeles Birdielee V. Bright Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 650 students
1771 W. 36th St.
Los Angeles, CA 90018
(323)733-1178 0.4 K-5 650
- Los Angeles Community Preparatory Academy Grades: K-8 | 262 students
7019 S. Van Ness Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90044
(323)751-1460 0.5 K-8 262
- Los Angeles Martin Luther King Junior Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 456 students
3989 S. Hobart Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90062
(323)294-0031 0.5 K-5 456
- Los Angeles Public Policy Charter Grades: 5-8 | 139 students
1701 Browning Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90018
(323)205-7920 0.5 5-8 139
- Los Angeles Alliance Patti And Peter Neuwirth Leadership Academy Grades: 9-12 | 584 students
4610 S. Main St.
Los Angeles, CA 90017
(213)342-2874 0.6 9-12 584
We report on new legislation in Mississippi that allows students to pray publicly in their schools across the state. Now, schools must develop policies to allow for prayer – but the new law is loaded with controversy.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.