Four Mile Elementary School
Four Mile Elementary School serves 430 students in grades Kindergarten-5.
Four Mile Elementary School placed in the top 20% of all schools in Iowa for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 30%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 86% (which is higher than the Iowa state average of 69%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 80% (which is higher than the Iowa state average of 68%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 15:1 is higher than the Iowa state level of 14:1.
Minority enrollment is 18% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the Iowa state average of 24% (majority Hispanic).
Four Mile Elementary School's student population of 430 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
The teacher population of 28 teachers has declined by 6% over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Four Mile Elementary School is ranked within the top 20% of all 1,227 schools in Iowa (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Four Mile Elementary School is 0.32, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.41. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data
State Level (IA)
Overall Testing Rank
#183 out of 1227 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, IA Dept. of Education
Review Four Mile Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Missing Children: Why Public Schools Need to Improve Security Policies
Learn about the case of Kyle Horman, a child who went missing while on campus, and how this tragedy is prompting public schools to reevaluate their security measures.
Paupers and Princes: Economic Inequality at Public Schools
The economic divide between our nation's public school students is growing wider and deeper. Learn about a new federal report that reveals the growing ranks of poverty-stricken public schools.
Can You Afford a Stellar Public School Education?
Dissect "America's Best Schools for Your Housing Buck" and learn about the top ranked public schools in America in cities where the median home price is as low as $200,000.