Franklin Central School
Franklin Central School places among the top 20% of public schools in Vermont for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 10%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 5%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 20%)
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 20%)
- Franklin Central School's student population of 142 students has declined by 9% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 9 teachers has declined by 10% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||142 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Franklin Central School is ranked within the top 10% of all 290 schools in Vermont (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (VT)|
|Overall School Rank||#22 out of 290 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||65-69%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||65-69%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||12:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Franklin School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Sheldon Sheldon Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 293 students
78 Poor Farm Road
Sheldon, VT 05483
(802)933-4909 6.2 PK-8 293
- Highgate Center Highgate School Grades: PK-6 | 362 students
219 Gore Road
Highgate Center, VT 05459
(802)868-4170 6.7 PK-6 362
- Richford Berkshire Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 224 students
4850 Water Tower Road
Richford, VT 05476
(802)933-2290 7.5 PK-8 224
- Enosburg Falls Cold Hollow Career Center Grades: 9-12
Cold Hollow Road
Enosburg Falls, VT 05450
(802)933-4003 7.8 9-12 n/a
- Enosburg Falls Enosburg Falls Junior/senior High School Grades: 6-12 | 438 students
65 Dickenson Avenue
Enosburg Falls, VT 05450
(802)933-7777 7.8 6-12 438
As public schools in the United States continue to increase in their racial, ethnic, economic, and religious diversity, some districts need to rethink their holiday celebrations in a manner that is inclusive and respectful of all people.
As schools around the country close for two weeks or more, parents find themselves asking some tough questions. Read on to learn about the current and future impact of COVID-19 on students in public schools.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.