Franklin East Elementary School
Franklin East Elementary School serves 738 students in grades Kindergarten-6.
Franklin East Elementary School placed in the top 5% of all schools in Arizona for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 5%, and reading proficiency is top 10%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 80% (which is higher than the Arizona state average of 45%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 75% (which is higher than the Arizona state average of 45%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 21:1 is higher than the Arizona state level of 18:1.
Minority enrollment is 46% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the Arizona state average of 62% (majority Hispanic).
Franklin East Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Arizona for:
Reading/Language Arts Proficiency
Franklin East Elementary School's student population of 738 students has declined by 5% over five school years.
The teacher population of 36 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
(offers virtual instruction)
(offers virtual instruction)
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Franklin East Elementary School is ranked within the top 5% of all 2,120 schools in Arizona (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Franklin East Elementary School is 0.56, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.65. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data
State Level (AZ)
Overall Testing Rank
#92 out of 2120 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, AZ Dept. of Education
Review Franklin East Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Top 10 Challenges Facing Public School Teachers In 2017
There is no denying that being a public school teacher has its challenges, but some are more apparent than others. Keep reading to learn about the top ten challenges facing public school teachers this year.
What Are the Top 5 Trends in Elementary School Education?
Education is constantly growing, changing, and evolving. Keep reading to learn about five of the most current trends in elementary education.
Does Your High-Schooler Have Executive Functioning Issues?
If your child has trouble planning, organizing, and executing tasks it could be a condition called executive functioning disorder. Keep reading to learn more.