Gaiser Middle School
- The student population of 875 students has stayed relatively flat over five years.
- The teacher population of 42 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||875 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||42 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- The student:teacher ratio of 21:1 has stayed the same over five years.
- The school's diversity score of 0.61 is more than the state average of 0.40. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
- Vancouver School District's student population of 23,442 students has stayed relatively flat over five years.
- The revenue/student of $11,092 in this district is less than the state average of $12,785. The district revenue/student has grown by 7% over four years.
- The district's spending/student of $10,308 is less than the state average of $12,256. The district spending/student has grown by 7% over four years.
|School District Name||Vancouver School District|
|Number of Schools
|Number of Students Managed||23,442||923|
|District Total Revenue||$256 MM||$12 MM|
|District Spending||$238 MM||$11 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$11,092||$12,785|
|District Spending / Student||$10,308||$12,256|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
VancouverSarah J Anderson Elementary SchoolGrades: KG-5 | 793 students
2215 Ne 104th St
Vancouver, WA 98686
VancouverSacajawea Elementary SchoolGrades: KG-5 | 404 students
700 Ne 112th St
Vancouver, WA 98685
VancouverSalmon Creek Elementary SchoolGrades: KG-5 | 530 students
1601 Ne 129th St
Vancouver, WA 98685
VancouverColumbia River High SchoolGrades: 9-12 | 1268 students
800 Nw 99th St
Vancouver, WA 98665
VancouverDwight D Eisenhower Elementary SchoolGrades: KG-5 | 568 students
9201 Nw 9th Ave
Vancouver, WA 98665
The staff at Gaiser is rude, they are over the top on dress coding girls, not boys. They don't give fair discipline. Someone could get in a fight and get suspended for 2 days but someone could wear a piece of paper on their shirt and almost get expelled (Which has happened) One of the teachers told me to not bother looking for a job, no body will hire me because I wore a piece of paper saying the dress code is unfair and it needs to be changed because it does. Guys can wear whatever they want and teachers wont do anything but if a girls shows more then half her thigh she gets put in ISS? The teaches are outrageous. One time I got suspended because someone told my best friend to kill herself and I walked her to the counselor. Note that the person who told her to kill herself didn't get in trouble at all. I use to love school and love learning, this school has changed that. I hope everyone sees this and hopefully you don't make your child go here because it is hell on earth. (:
- Posted by Student/Alumni - kenna
I am not a student yet but probably will be just looking at what kind of schools I will be going to. Thanks lots of help!! '?
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Mello
I think this school is very good with lots of caring staff, there is a small problem with alchohol but if you hang out with the right people you wont ever know it exsists. They have and excellent spanish and french teacher and lots of other amazing teachers. There are lots of activities to do at school like choir orchestra, band, art, tech ed. and lots more. They also have after school activities like builders club, step club and some sports. I think there ussually arent a lot of parents at middle schools so theres really no bases for jujment but no, there arnet a lot of parents at Gaiser on a normal day but on open house there are parents checking out there students classes all day. I am presently enrolled in a different school in the district and am trying to switch to Gaiser.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - koolp