Gallegos Elementary School
Gallegos Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Texas for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 5%)
- Gallegos Elementary School's student population of 638 students has declined by 8% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 41 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||638 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||41 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Gallegos Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (TX)|
|Overall School Rank||#1679 out of 7,879 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||15:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||BROWNSVILLE ISD School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Brownsville Breeden Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 732 students
3955 Dana Ave
Brownsville, TX 78521
(956)554-4730 0.8 PK-5 732
- Brownsville Idea Brownsville College Preparatory Grades: 6-10 | 592 students
4395 Paredes Line Rd
Brownsville, TX 78526
(956)832-5150 0.8 6-10 592
- Los Fresnos Rancho Verde Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 643 students
101 Rancho Alegre
Los Fresnos, TX 78566
(956)254-5230 0.8 PK-5 643
- Brownsville Paredes Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 932 students
3700 Heritage Trl
Brownsville, TX 78521
(956)574-5582 1.0 PK-5 932
Across the country, public schools are being caught red-handed in manipulating their test scores, graduation rates, and campus safety data. Learn about why schools are cheating and how they are distorting the truth.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.