Gardner-south Wilmington Township High School
- Gardner-south Wilmington Township High School's student population of 195 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 18 teachers has grown by 12% over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||195 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Gardner-south Wilmington Township High School's student:teacher ratio of 11:1 has decreased from 12:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IL)|
|Overall School Rank||#2251 out of 3,544 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||30-39%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-49%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1||16:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Gardner S Wilmington Twp HSD 73 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Gardner Gardner Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 213 students
598 N Elm St
Gardner, IL 60424
(815)237-2313 0.6 PK-8 213
- South Wilmington South Wilmington Grade School Grades: K-8 | 93 students
Po Box 459
South Wilmington, IL 60474
(815)237-2281 1.5 K-8 93
- Braceville Braceville Elementary School Grades: K-8 | 122 students
209 N Mitchell St
Braceville, IL 60407
(815)237-8040 3.4 K-8 122
- Coal City Coal City Early Childhood Center Grades: PK-1 | 442 students
755 S Carbon Hill Rd
Coal City, IL 60416
(815)634-5042 6.3 PK-1 442
- Coal City Coal City Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 501 students
500 S Carbon Hill Rd
Coal City, IL 60416
(815)634-5039 6.8 6-8 501
Nearby Homes for Sale
Across the country, public schools are being caught red-handed in manipulating their test scores, graduation rates, and campus safety data. Learn about why schools are cheating and how they are distorting the truth.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.