Garrison Elementary School
Garrison Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in District of Columbia for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 20%)
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 1%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 5%)
- Garrison Elementary School's student population of 253 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 30 teachers has grown by 11% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||253 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Garrison Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 8:1 has decreased from 9:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (DC)|
|Overall School Rank||#89 out of 200 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||20-24%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||15-19%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1||11:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch||n/a||n/a|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||of Columbia Public s School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school, middle school, and elementary school to Garrison Elementary School is Basis Dc Pcs (0.2 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Washington Seaton Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 341 students
1503 10th St Nw
Washington, DC 20001
(202)673-7215 0.2 PK-5 341
- Washington Cleveland Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 321 students
1825 8th St Nw
Washington, DC 20001
(202)939-4380 0.3 PK-5 321
- Washington Creative Minds International Pcs Grades: PK-6 | 341 students
3700 North Capitol St Nw
Washington, DC 20011
(202)588-0370 0.3 PK-6 341
With changing state and national educational standards, will your child's public school have the ability to meet these requirements? Learn about the problems with public school performance and how parents can get involved.
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.