Gary Middle College
Gary Middle College places among the top 20% of public schools in Indiana for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 5%)
- Gary Middle College's student population of 224 students has declined by 21% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 2 teachers has declined by 60% over five school years.
|School Type||Charter School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||224 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Gary Middle College is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,767 schools in Indiana (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IN)|
|Overall School Rank|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||<50%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||<50%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||n/a||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Gary Middle College School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Gary 21st Century Charter School Of Gary Grades: K-12 | 758 students
556 Washington St
Gary, IN 46402
(219)886-9339 0.0 K-12 758
- Gary Jefferson Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 455 students
601 Jackson St
Gary, IN 46402
(219)886-6570 0.3 K-6 455
- Gary Dunbar-pulaski Academic & Career Middle School Grades: 7-8
920 E 19th Ave
Gary, IN 46407
(219)886-6581 1.3 7-8 n/a
- Gary Beveridge Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 494 students
1234 Cleveland St
Gary, IN 46404
(219)977-2123 1.4 K-6 494
A new program in San Antonio and Austin tracks students with truancy history with GPS devices. The program is designed to improve attendance rates and student achievement.
The world is in a constant state of change and those who fail to adjust fall behind. Unfortunately, the American public education system has not kept up with the times and is currently facing a number of serious problems. Keep reading to learn about the biggest failures affecting the modern U.S. public education system as well as some of the trends that could spark change.
Summer break is a time to kick back and relax but it is also a great time to do activities that will boost your college applications. Keep reading to see how to boost your application this summer.