George V. Leyva Intermediate
- Grades: 7-8
- Enrollment: 590 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 19:1
- Minority Enrollment: 98%
- Overall Testing Rank: Bottom 50% in CA
- Math Proficiency: 33% (Btm 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 43% (Btm 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), CA Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
33% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 40% CA state average), while 43% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 51% CA state average).
How many students attend George V. Leyva Intermediate?
590 students attend George V. Leyva Intermediate.
What is the ethnic breakdown of the student body?
48% of George V. Leyva Intermediate students are Hispanic, 41% of students are Asian, 5% of students are Two or more races, 2% of students are Black, 2% of students are White, 1% of students are American Indian, and 1% of students are Hawaiian.
What is the student:teacher ratio of George V. Leyva Intermediate?
George V. Leyva Intermediate has a student ration of 19:1, which is lower than the California state average of 22:1.
What grades does George V. Leyva Intermediate offer ?
George V. Leyva Intermediate offers enrollment in grades 7-8
Review George V. Leyva Intermediate. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities