Gilbert Middle School
- Grades: 6-8
- Enrollment: 846 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 14:1
- Minority Enrollment: 25%
- Overall Testing Rank: Bottom 50% in SC
- Math Proficiency: 35% (Btm 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 38% (Btm 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), SC Dept. of Education
(offers virtual instruction)
Frequently Asked Questions
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
35% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 46% SC state average), while 38% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 48% SC state average).
How many students attend Gilbert Middle School?
846 students attend Gilbert Middle School.
What is the ethnic breakdown of the student body?
75% of Gilbert Middle School students are White, 12% of students are Hispanic, 9% of students are Black, and 4% of students are Two or more races.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Gilbert Middle School?
Gilbert Middle School has a student ration of 14:1, which is equal to the South Carolina state average of 14:1.
What grades does Gilbert Middle School offer ?
Gilbert Middle School offers enrollment in grades 6-8 (offers virtual instruction).
Review Gilbert Middle School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities