Glenns Ferry High School
- Glenns Ferry High School's student population of 123 students has declined by 14% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 11 teachers has declined by 15% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||123 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Glenns Ferry High School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 656 schools in Idaho (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 11:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (ID)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤10%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-49%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1||19:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
- The school district of Glenns Ferry High School is Glenns Ferry Joint School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 143 school districts in Idaho (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Glenns Ferry Joint School District's student population of 430 students has decreased by 8% over five school years.
- The district's graduation rate of 80-89% has increased from 80% over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $9,939 is higher than the state average of $9,031. The district revenue/student has grown by 13% over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $9,712 is higher than the state average of $9,000. The district spending/student has grown by 14% over four school years.
|School District Name||Glenns Ferry Joint School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||430||520|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Graduation Rate||80-89%|
|District Total Revenue||$5 MM||$5 MM|
|District Spending||$5 MM||$5 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$9,939||$9,031|
|District Spending / Student||$9,712||$9,000|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Glenns Ferry Glenns Ferry Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 102 students
639 N Bannock St
Glenns Ferry, ID 83623
(208)366-7438 0.0 6-8 102
- Malad City Souast Idaho Professional Technical School Grades: 10-12
25 East 50 South Suite A
Malad City, ID 83252
(208)852-0283 0.5 10-12 n/a
- Bliss Bliss School Grades: PK-12 | 126 students
601 E Hwy 30
Bliss, ID 83314
(208)352-4445 18.7 PK-12 126
- Mountain Home Mountain Home Junior High School Grades: 7-8 | 556 students
1600 E 6th S St
Mountain Home, ID 83647
(208)587-2590 22.1 7-8 556
The adjustment from middle school to high school can be a huge challenge for some students. We’ll offer tips for parents to help them help their kids adjust to the new school environment and academic standards.
With schools nationwide adopting common core standards, we’ll take a look at what they are, their benefits, and how they will change the face of public education.
We report on Hawaii’s stellar progress in its Race to the Top efforts and how the support of one philanthropic organization on the Islands is contributing to that success.