Glenwood Middle School serves 461 students in grades 6-8.
Glenwood Middle School placed in the top 30% of all schools in Iowa for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 81% (which is higher than the Iowa state average of 64%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 74% (which is higher than the Iowa state average of 68%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 17:1 is higher than the Iowa state level of 14:1.
Minority enrollment is 7% of the student body (majority Hispanic and Black), which is lower than the Iowa state average of 27% (majority Hispanic).
- Grades: 6-8
- Enrollment: 461 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 17:1
- Minority Enrollment: 7%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 30% in IA
- Math Proficiency: 81% (Top 20%)
- Reading Proficiency: 74% (Top 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), IA Dept. of Education
Glenwood Middle School's student population of 461 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
The teacher population of 27 teachers has declined by 6% over five school years.
(offers virtual instruction)
(offers virtual instruction)
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Glenwood Middle School is ranked within the top 30% of all 1,221 schools in Iowa (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.
The diversity score of Glenwood Middle School is 0.14, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.45. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2021-2022 School Year Data
State Level (IA)
Overall Testing Rank
#249 out of 1221 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Participates in the National School Lunch Program (NSLP)
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2021-2022 (latest school year available) National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), IA Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Glenwood Middle School's ranking?
Glenwood Middle School is ranked #249 out of 1,221 schools, which ranks it among the top 30% of public schools in Iowa.
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
81% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 64% IA state average), while 74% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 68% IA state average).
How many students attend Glenwood Middle School?
461 students attend Glenwood Middle School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
93% of Glenwood Middle School students are White, 3% of students are Hispanic, 1% of students are American Indian, 1% of students are Asian, 1% of students are Black, and 1% of students are Two or more races.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Glenwood Middle School?
Glenwood Middle School has a student ration of 17:1, which is higher than the Iowa state average of 14:1.
What grades does Glenwood Middle School offer ?
Glenwood Middle School offers enrollment in grades 6-8 (offers virtual instruction).
What school district is Glenwood Middle School part of?
Glenwood Middle School is part of Glenwood Comm School District.
Review Glenwood Middle School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Foreign Language Study Abroad
We've put together this resource guide to help students, adults and professionals get the information they require to choose a good destination to study language abroad.
Cops and Children: Why Police Officers are Stationed at Elementary Schools
Learn about the growing trend of stationing police officers at elementary schools and the benefits of establishing a legal environment on campus at a young age.
Unlock the power of Individualized Education Programs (IEPs) in this comprehensive guide. Discover how IEPs support students with diverse needs, including behavioral challenges. This article is a must-read for parents navigating the education system and aspiring teachers seeking to make a positive impact.