Gorman Elementary School
Gorman Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 20%)
- Gorman Elementary School's student population of 85 students has declined by 17% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 4 teachers has declined by 20% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||85 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Gorman Elementary School is ranked within the top 50% of all 9,584 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 21:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#4429 out of 9584 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||35-39%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-44%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Gorman Joint School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Lebec Frazier Park Elementary School Grades: K-4 | 266 students
3149 San Carlos Trail
Lebec, CA 93243
(661)245-3312 5.4 K-4 266
- Lebec El Tejon Elementary School Grades: 5-8 | 214 students
4337 Lebec Rd.
Lebec, CA 93243
(661)248-6680 5.6 5-8 214
- Pine Mountain Club Peak To Peak Mountain Charter Grades: K-8 | 77 students
19009 Cerro Noroeste Rd.
Pine Mountain Club, CA 93222
(661)364-3811 20.8 K-8 77
- Downey Mendenhall William Camp Grades: 7-12
42230 N. Lake Hughes Rd.
Downey, CA 90242
(661)724-1351 23.3 7-12 n/a
Read why good diet and nutrition is important for high student performance.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.