Governor Mifflin Senior High School
Governor Mifflin Senior High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Pennsylvania for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 5%)
- Governor Mifflin Senior High School's student population of 1303 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 87 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||1,303 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||87 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Governor Mifflin Senior High School is ranked within the top 30% of all 2835 schools in Pennsylvania (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has increased from 14:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (PA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
- The school district of Governor Mifflin Senior High School is Governor Mifflin School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 663 school districts in Pennsylvania (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Governor Mifflin School District's student population of 4,075 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The district's graduation rate of 91% has increased from 90% over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $13,563 is higher than the state average of $13,048. The district revenue/student has declined by 11% over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $14,605 is higher than the state average of $12,915. The district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|School District Name||Governor Mifflin School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||4,075||1,464|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Graduation Rate|
|District Total Revenue||$57 MM||$19 MM|
|District Spending||$62 MM||$19 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$13,563||$13,048|
|District Spending / Student||$14,605||$12,915|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Reading Governor Mifflin Middle School Grades: 7-8 | 664 students
130 East Lancaster Avenue
Reading, PA 19607
(610)775-1465 0.2 7-8 664
- Reading Intermediate School Grades: 5-6 | 672 students
600 Governor Dr
Reading, PA 19607
(610)775-5083 0.5 5-6 672
- Reading Mifflin Park Elementary School Grades: K-4 | 459 students
598 Governor Dr
Reading, PA 19607
(610)898-1489 0.5 K-4 459
- Reading Millmont Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 660 students
400 Summit Avenue
Reading, PA 19611
(610)371-5853 0.5 PK-5 660
- Reading Southwest Middle School Grades: 6-7 | 457 students
300 Chestnut St
Reading, PA 19602
(610)371-5934 0.6 6-7 457
Nearby Homes for Sale
The adjustment from middle school to high school can be a huge challenge for some students. We’ll offer tips for parents to help them help their kids adjust to the new school environment and academic standards.
With schools nationwide adopting common core standards, we’ll take a look at what they are, their benefits, and how they will change the face of public education.
We report on Hawaii’s stellar progress in its Race to the Top efforts and how the support of one philanthropic organization on the Islands is contributing to that success.