Greencastle Elementary School
- Greencastle Elementary School's student population of 711 students has declined by 12% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 49 teachers has declined by 10% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||711 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||49 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Greencastle Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,359 schools in Maryland (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MD)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#871 out of 1359 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient) (16-17)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient) (16-17)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Montgomery County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Silver Spring Fairland Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 631 students
14315 Fairdale Rd
Silver Spring, MD 20905
(240) 740-0640 1.1 PK-5 631
- Silver Spring Galway Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 788 students
12612 Galway Dr
Silver Spring, MD 20904
(301) 595-2930 1.1 PK-5 788
- Burtonsville Benjamin Banneker Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 840 students
14800 Perrywood Dr
Burtonsville, MD 20866
(301) 989-5747 1.2 6-8 840
G ES is great school. the students and teachers fabulous but the staff needs to watch the student while they line outside because they may hurt each other . The Assist principal is hard worker over all I like the school.
- Posted by Parent - Mahte
Amidst the controversy surrounding President Obama's school address, learn about whether or not parents have any rights in choosing who their children's public schools invite as speakers.
Learn about the history of public schools incorporating self-contained classrooms, and whether they are right for your child.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.