Paint Branch High School
- Paint Branch High School's student population of 2,000 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 120 teachers has grown by 7% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||2,000 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||120 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Paint Branch High School is ranked within the top 30% of all 1,359 schools in Maryland (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MD)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#342 out of 1359 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient) (16-17)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient) (16-17)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Montgomery County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Silver Spring Fairland Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 631 students
14315 Fairdale Rd
Silver Spring, MD 20905
(240) 740-0640 0.5 PK-5 631
- Burtonsville Benjamin Banneker Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 840 students
14800 Perrywood Dr
Burtonsville, MD 20866
(301) 989-5747 0.7 6-8 840
- Silver Spring Galway Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 788 students
12612 Galway Dr
Silver Spring, MD 20904
(301) 595-2930 1.6 PK-5 788
EXCELLENT AND SUPERSTARS THAT ONLY HAVE CAME OUT OF IT SUCH AS MALCOLM BANKS, BRANDON HONEMOND, JARED ADKINS, AND KWESI ADOKO. PAINT BRANCH HAS REALLY EXCELLED THESE GUYS IN THE PAST YEARS. THANK YOU PAINT BRANCH FOR EVERYTHING!!!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - kwesi
Amidst the controversy surrounding President Obama's school address, learn about whether or not parents have any rights in choosing who their children's public schools invite as speakers.
Learn about the history of public schools incorporating self-contained classrooms, and whether they are right for your child.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.