Gregg Anderson Academy

Tel: (661)206-3750
  • Gregg Anderson Academy serves 885 students in grades Kindergarten-8.
  • The percentage of students achieving proficiency in Math is 67% (which is higher than the California state average of 37%) for the 2015-2016 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in Reading/Language Arts is 73% (which is higher than the California state average of 48%) for the 2015-2016 school year.
  • Gregg Anderson Academy placed in the top 10% of all schools in California for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 20%) for the 2015-2016 school year.
  • The student:teacher ratio of 28:1 is higher than the California state level of 24:1.
  • Minority enrollment is 53% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the California state average of 76%.
  • Gregg Anderson Academy operates within the Westside Union Elementary School District.

Top Placements (California)

Gregg Anderson Academy is Listed among the top public schools in California for:

School Overview

  • Gregg Anderson Academy's student population of 885 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
  • The teacher population of 32 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Grades OfferedGrades Kindergarten-8
Total Students885 students
Total Classroom Teachers32 teachers
Students by GradeGregg Anderson Academy Student By Grade

School Comparison

  • Gregg Anderson Academy is ranked within the top 10% of all 9595 schools in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
  • The school's student:teacher ratio of 28:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
  • The diversity score of Gregg Anderson Academy is 0.66, which is more than the diversity score at state average of 0.41. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year DataThis SchoolState Level (CA)
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
67%
37%
Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
73%
48%
Student : Teacher Ratio28:124:1
Asian
7%
11%
Hispanic
34%
54%
Black
6%
6%
White
47%
24%
Two or more races
6%
4%
All Ethnic GroupsGregg Anderson Academy All Ethnic Groups Ethnicity BreakdownCA All Ethnic Groups Ethnicity Breakdown
Diversity Score0.660.41
Eligible for Free Lunch
15%
50%
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
3%
9%

    District Comparison

    • The school district of Gregg Anderson Academy is Westside Union Elementary School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 983 school districts in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
    • Westside Union Elementary School District's student population of 9,067 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
    • The revenue/student of $8,291 in this district is less than the state average of $11,049. The district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
    • The district's spending/student of $7,597 is less than the state average of $11,340. The district spending/student has declined by 13% over four school years.
    School District NameWestside Union Elementary School District
    Number of Schools
    Managed
    13
    4
    Number of Students Managed9,0671,585
    Westside Union Elementary School District Students Managed (1988-2016)
    District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
    34%
    37%
    District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
    48%
    48%
    District Total Revenue$72 MM$18 MM
    District Spending$66 MM$18 MM
    District Revenue / Student$8,291$11,049
    District Spending / Student$7,597$11,340
    School Statewide TestingView Education Department Test Scores
    Source: 2015-2016 (latest school year available) NCES, CA Dept. of Education

    Nearby Public Schools

    Show me:

    School Reviews

    Review Gregg Anderson Academy. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:

    • Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
    • Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities

    I am a:

    Name or Alias:

    Your review:

    Rate this school:
    Recent Articles
    Students with disabilities may require the assistance of a service dog, but how might the presence of a dog in the classroom affect other students? Could it be too distracting?
    Childhood obesity rates continue to climb. While many public schools have implemented policies and programs to combat the problem, there is always more to be done. Keep reading to learn what schools are doing to prevent obesity and how you can help.
    Food allergies are no laughing matter and it doesn't take long for them to become dangerous. Keep reading to learn how to keep your child safe at school if he has a food allergy.