H D Cooke Elementary School
- H D Cooke Elementary School's student population of 404 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 37 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||404 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||37 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- H D Cooke Elementary School is ranked within the top 50% of all 204 schools in District of Columbia (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 11:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (DC)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#93 out of 204 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||35-39%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||15-19%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1||13:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch||n/a||n/a|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||District Of Columbia School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school to H D Cooke Elementary School is Benjamin Banneker High School (0.4 miles away)
- The nearest middle school and elementary school is Howard University Middle School Of Math And Science Pcs (0.2 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Washington Howard University Middle School Of Math And Science Pcs Grades: 6-8 | 278 students
405 Howard Pl Nw
Washington, DC 20059
(202)806-7725 0.2 6-8 278
- Washington Benjamin Banneker High School Grades: 9-12 | 482 students
800 Euclid St Nw
Washington, DC 20001
(202)671-6320 0.4 9-12 482
- Washington Cleveland Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 317 students
1825 8th St Nw
Washington, DC 20001
(202)939-4380 0.5 PK-5 317
- Washington Creative Minds International Pcs Grades: PK-7 | 441 students
3700 North Capitol St Nw
Washington, DC 20011
(202)588-0370 0.5 PK-7 441
- Washington Harmony Dc Pcs School Of Excellence Grades: K-5 | 94 students
62 T St Ne
Washington, DC 20002
(202)529-7500 0.6 K-5 94
Recent developments within the Chicago Teachers Union have authorized a strike, but has not yet determined whether a walk-out will be necessary. Subsequent action will be determined by summer negotiations between the union and school administrators, but what does this mean for students?
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.