Haines Elementary School
- Haines Elementary School's student population of 169 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 12 teachers has declined by 7% over five school years.
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2014)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||169 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Haines Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has increased from 13:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AK)|
|Overall School Rank||--|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||55-59%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||55-59%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||17:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Haines Borough School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Skagway Skagway School Grades: PK-12 | 132 students
1563 Main Street
Skagway, AK 99840
(907)983-2960 16.9 PK-12 132
- Haines Klukwan School Grades: K-12 | 13 students
Mile 22 Haines Highway
Haines, AK 99827
(907)767-5551 19.4 K-12 13
- Gustavus Gustavus School Grades: K-12 | 74 students
12 Gustavus Road
Gustavus, AK 99826
(907)697-2248 58.1 K-12 74
- Juneau Auke Bay Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 413 students
11880 Glacier Hwy
Juneau, AK 99801
(907)796-5275 65.2 PK-5 413
- Juneau Mendenhall River Community School Grades: PK-5 | 363 students
9001 Mendenhall Loop Road
Juneau, AK 99801
(907)796-5600 65.6 PK-5 363
Across the country, public schools are being caught red-handed in manipulating their test scores, graduation rates, and campus safety data. Learn about why schools are cheating and how they are distorting the truth.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.