Harper Elementary School serves 203 students in grades Prekindergarten-4.
Harper Elementary School placed in the top 20% of all schools in Texas for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 30%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 65-69% (which is higher than the Texas state average of 37%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 50-54% (which is higher than the Texas state average of 42%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 13:1 is lower than the Texas state level of 14:1.
Minority enrollment is 19% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the Texas state average of 74% (majority Hispanic).
Quick Stats (2023)
- Grades: Prekindergarten-4
- Enrollment: 203 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 13:1
- Minority Enrollment: 19%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 20% in TX
- Math Proficiency: 65-69% (Top 10%)
- Reading Proficiency: 50-54% (Top 30%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), TX Dept. of Education
Harper Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Texas for:
Harper Elementary School's student population of 203 students has declined by 5% over five school years.
The teacher population of 16 teachers has grown by 14% over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Harper Elementary School is ranked within the top 20% of all 8,079 schools in Texas (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.
The diversity score of Harper Elementary School is 0.32, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.64. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2020-2021 School Year Data
State Level (TX)
Overall Testing Rank
#991 out of 8079 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Participates in the National School Lunch Program (NSLP)
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2020-2021 (latest school year available) National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), TX Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Harper Elementary School's ranking?
Harper Elementary School is ranked #991 out of 8,079 schools, which ranks it among the top 20% of public schools in Texas.
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
65-69% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 37% TX state average), while 50-54% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 42% TX state average).
How many students attend Harper Elementary School?
203 students attend Harper Elementary School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
81% of Harper Elementary School students are White, 17% of students are Hispanic, and 2% of students are Two or more races.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Harper Elementary School?
Harper Elementary School has a student ration of 13:1, which is lower than the Texas state average of 14:1.
What grades does Harper Elementary School offer ?
Harper Elementary School offers enrollment in grades Prekindergarten-4
What school district is Harper Elementary School part of?
Harper Elementary School is part of Harper Independent School District.
Review Harper Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
A Story of Overcoming Common Reading Difficulties
Follow the story of Sarah, a fictional character who overcame common reading difficulties with the help of the three cueing system. This blog post explores the advantages and disadvantages of the three cueing system and provides strategies for implementing it effectively.
Voucher Program Update: Florida
Many states now offer voucher programs. We look at the voucher program available in Florida.
Standardized tests have a long history in American K-12 education. We examine what standardized tests evaluate and more.