Hawthorn Hills Elementary School
Hawthorn Hills Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Wisconsin for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 10%)
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 20%)
- Hawthorn Hills Elementary School's student population of 298 students has grown by 14% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 24 teachers has grown by 9% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||298 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Hawthorn Hills Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 2,029 schools in Wisconsin (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 12:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (WI)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#1577 out of 2029 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||25-29%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||30-34%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Wausau School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school, middle school and elementary school to Hawthorn Hills Elementary School is Wausau Area Virtual Education (0.7 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Wausau Wausau Area Virtual Education Grades: 6-12 | 30 students
415 Seymour St
Wausau, WI 54402
(715) 261-0527 0.7 6-12 30
- Wausau Franklin Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 301 students
1509 N 5th St
Wausau, WI 54403
(715) 261-0000 1.2 K-5 301
- Wausau John Marshall Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 291 students
1918 Lamont St
Wausau, WI 54403
(715) 261-0060 1.5 K-5 291
- Wausau Grant Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 244 students
500 N 4th Ave
Wausau, WI 54401
(715) 261-0190 1.8 K-5 244
Gangs, drugs, and guns may be more prevalent on public school campuses than parents think. Learn about the high percentage of public school students who are exposed to these dangers each day – and what parents can do to protect their kids.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.
Learn about how public schools across the country are mandating community service hours in order to graduate.