Hawthorne Elementary School
- Hawthorne Elementary School's student population of 461 students has grown by 15% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 45 teachers has grown by 21% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||461 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||45 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Hawthorne Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 10:1 has decreased from 11:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (GA)|
|Overall School Rank||#967 out of 2,174 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||DeKalb County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Atlanta Henderson Mill Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 607 students
2408 Henderson Mill Rd Ne
Atlanta, GA 30345
(678)874-3102 1.0 PK-5 607
- Atlanta Dresden Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 980 students
2449 Dresden Dr
Atlanta, GA 30341
(678)676-7202 1.2 PK-5 980
- Atlanta Globe Academy Charter School I Grades: K-6 | 700 students
2225 Heritage Dr Ne
Atlanta, GA 30345
(404)867-6183 1.2 K-6 700
- Decatur Briarlake Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 397 students
3590 Lavista Rd
Decatur, GA 30033
(678)874-2502 1.5 PK-5 397
Learn about the education reform that is currently making its way through the Louisiana state legislature and the teacher protests that have arisen as a result.
Learn more about the growing prevalence of female bulling and how public schools are managing the important issues.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.