Hay Branch Elementary School
Hay Branch Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Texas for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 20%)
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%)
- Hay Branch Elementary School's student population of 680 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 46 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||680 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||46 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Hay Branch Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 7,999 schools in Texas (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has increased from 14:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (TX)|
|Overall School Rank||#5143 out of 7999 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch (14-15)|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Killeen Independent School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Killeen Killeen Jjaep Grades: 8-9 | 3 students
4800 E Rancier Ave
Killeen, TX 76543
(254) 336-0150 1.0 8-9 3
- Harker Heights Harker Heights Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 725 students
726 S Ann Blvd
Harker Heights, TX 76548
(254) 336-2050 2.1 PK-5 725
- Harker Heights Eastern Hills Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 753 students
300 Indian Trl
Harker Heights, TX 76548
(254) 336-1100 2.2 6-8 753
Great communication with parents and great teachers! I have 3 kids there and got an out of district transfer to keep my kids at Hay Branch after we moved. Love the school!
- Posted by Parent - amake
Should sixth graders be placed in elementary or middle school? We explore the pros and cons of the issue.
Learn 8 ways to guide your conversations with children when discussing high-profile acts of violence in schools.
Traditional Christmas carols, such as "Silent Night," may be sounds of the past on public school campuses. Learn about why schools are banning Christmas carols and how some parents are protesting the changes.