Heartland Community High School
Heartland Community High School serves 162 students in grades 7-12.
Heartland Community High School placed in the top 30% of all schools in Nebraska for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 65-69% (which is higher than the Nebraska state average of 52%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 55-59% (which is higher than the Nebraska state average of 52%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 11:1 is lower than the Nebraska state level of 12:1.
Minority enrollment is 8% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the Nebraska state average of 35% (majority Hispanic).
- Grades: 7-12
- Students: 162 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 11:1
- Minority Enrollment: 8%
- Graduation Rate: ≥80% (Top 50% in NE)
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 30%
- Math Proficiency: 65-69% (Top 20%)
- Reading Proficiency: 55-59% (Top 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), NE Dept. of Education
Heartland Community High School's student population of 162 students has grown by 14% over five school years.
The teacher population of 15 teachers has declined by 6% over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Heartland Community High School is ranked within the top 30% of all 904 schools in Nebraska (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Heartland Community High School is 0.15, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.54. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2020-2021 School Year Data
State Level (NE)
Overall Testing Rank
#225 out of 904 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
National School Lunch Program
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2020-2021 (latest school year available) National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), NE Dept. of Education
Review Heartland Community High School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Teaching: Using Virtual Reality
Virtual Reality can enhance your lessons safely and efficiently. Virtual reality allows your students to explore worlds they might not otherwise see. We offer some suggestions on how to use VR in your classrooom.
July 11, 2022Junior Reserve Officers Training Corps or JROTC
JROTC offers valuable lessons in leadership, character-building and citizenship. Here's a look at the various JROTC programs out there together with a look at the pros and cons of the program.
July 05, 2022Teaching: Contract Renewal
Most teaching contracts are year-to-year, or longer if you're eligible. Here are some suggestions for safeguarding your employment.