Henderson County South Middle School
Henderson County South Middle School serves 791 students in grades 6-8.
Henderson County South Middle School placed in the top 5% of all schools in Kentucky for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 5%, and reading proficiency is top 10%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 73% (which is higher than the Kentucky state average of 46%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 71% (which is higher than the Kentucky state average of 56%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 16:1 is equal to the Kentucky state level of 16:1.
Minority enrollment is 24% of the student body (majority Black), which is higher than the Kentucky state average of 23% (majority Black).
Henderson County South Middle School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Kentucky for:
Reading/Language Arts Proficiency
Henderson County South Middle School's student population of 791 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
The teacher population of 51 teachers has grown by 8% over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Henderson County South Middle School is ranked within the top 5% of all 1,263 schools in Kentucky (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Henderson County South Middle School is 0.41, which is more than the diversity score at state average of 0.40. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data
State Level (KY)
Overall Testing Rank
#58 out of 1263 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, KY Dept. of Education
This is the middle school with HEART H-Everyone employed HELPS with whatever situation arises with a kind of HEART and rolled-up sleeves; just like HOME! E-EDUCATING THE Whole CHILD!A-A PROBLEM IS Solved- ALL involved ALL solutions R- Ready! Renaissance Attitude with rigor and roar! T- TEAM Players for ALL students, parents and Employees!
Review Henderson County South Middle School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Missing Children: Why Public Schools Need to Improve Security Policies
Learn about the case of Kyle Horman, a child who went missing while on campus, and how this tragedy is prompting public schools to reevaluate their security measures.
Paupers and Princes: Economic Inequality at Public Schools
The economic divide between our nation's public school students is growing wider and deeper. Learn about a new federal report that reveals the growing ranks of poverty-stricken public schools.
Can You Afford a Stellar Public School Education?
Dissect "America's Best Schools for Your Housing Buck" and learn about the top ranked public schools in America in cities where the median home price is as low as $200,000.