Heritage Elementary School
Heritage Elementary School serves 681 students in grades Prekindergarten-5.
Heritage Elementary School placed in the top 10% of all schools in Tennessee for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 20%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 64% (which is higher than the Tennessee state average of 39%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 51% (which is higher than the Tennessee state average of 35%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 14:1 is lower than the Tennessee state level of 15:1.
Minority enrollment is 21% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the Tennessee state average of 37% (majority Black).
Heritage Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Tennessee for:
Reading/Language Arts Proficiency
Heritage Elementary School's student population of 681 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
The teacher population of 49 teachers has grown by 8% over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Heritage Elementary School is ranked within the top 10% of all 1,705 schools in Tennessee (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Heritage Elementary School is 0.36, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.55. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data
State Level (TN)
Overall Testing Rank
#150 out of 1705 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, TN Dept. of Education
Coming from private schools I was skeptical for a good bit. Although I still don't like the red tape and hoops you have to jump through to get some things done that would. E much more simple in a private school, I can't say enough about the teachers and administration at Heritage. My. Hold is SO well loved and although I''m not sure the education is as I wish it were, it's a viable and wonderful alternative for those of us who can't finance private education. The class size is too big with 21 students in my child's kindergarten class and no assistant but that's to be expected. They really work hard to love the children individually and nurture their individual strengths and Dr. Allen as principal, along with Dr. Johnson are fabulous. Highly recommend overall!
Review Heritage Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Are the Three Rs Robbing our Children?
For far too long the American public school system has failed to address “out-of-school” factors like poverty and their impact on what happens in the classroom. As the nation continues to become increasingly diverse, many schools are adopting comprehensive approaches to education that account for the unique needs of students so that each child is prepared for their future and not just for a year-end test.
Philadelphia Public Schools Explore the Options of “Community Schools”
Philadelphia continues to explore the community school option as a way of maximizing resources for students. What is a community school and what are its benefits?
August 02, 2021Post-Pandemic Tips for Public School Parents and Students
The 2020-21 school year was unlike any other and hopefully not one we’ll repeat anytime soon. The COVID-19 pandemic changed the face of America’s public education system and we’re still seeing the effects. In this article, we’ll explore the impact of the pandemic on America’s public schools, see how they responded, and talk about some tips for returning to in-person education this fall.