Herscher Intermediate School
- Herscher Intermediate School's student population of 417 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 27 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 2-4|
|Total Students||417 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||27 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Herscher Intermediate School's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has increased from 14:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IL)|
|Overall School Rank||#1524 out of 3,544 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Herscher CUSD 2 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Herscher Herscher High School Grades: 9-12 | 570 students
501 N Main St
Herscher, IL 60941
(815)426-2103 0.1 9-12 570
- Bonfield Bonfield Grade School Grades: PK-1 | 250 students
522 E Smith St
Bonfield, IL 60913
(815)933-6995 6.9 PK-1 250
- Kankakee Limestone Middle School Grades: 5-8 | 492 students
963 N 5000w Rd
Kankakee, IL 60901
(815)933-2243 8.5 5-8 492
- Chebanse Chebanse Elementary School Grades: K-4 | 354 students
Po Box 8
Chebanse, IL 60922
(815)697-2642 10.3 K-4 354
- Clifton Central High School Grades: 9-12 | 334 students
1134 E 3100 North Rd
Clifton, IL 60927
(815)694-2321 11.4 9-12 334
With changing state and national educational standards, will your child's public school have the ability to meet these requirements? Learn about the problems with public school performance and how parents can get involved.
Learn more about the growing prevalence of female bulling and how public schools are managing the important issues.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.