- Grades: 9-12
- Enrollment: 1,603 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 23:1
- Minority Enrollment: 22%
- Graduation Rate: 98% (Top 1% in AL)
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 20%
- Math Proficiency: 50% (Top 10%)
- Reading Proficiency: 50% (Top 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), AL Dept. of Education
- Hewitt-Trussville High School is a high school located in Trussville, Alabama. The school was named after Robert Hewitt, who was school superintendent in 1869. Hewitt-Trussville has several varsity sports teams, including baseball, football, soccer, golf, wrestling, cross-country, cheerleading, and volleyball.
- Notable Alumni:
- Jay Barker, quarterback for the University of Alabama football team.
- Brandon Cox, quarterback for the Auburn Tigers football team.
- Lee Guess, wide receiver for the Auburn Tigers.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Hewitttrussville High School's ranking?
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
What is the graduation rate of Hewitttrussville High School?
How many students attend Hewitttrussville High School?
What is the racial composition of the student body?
What is the student:teacher ratio of Hewitttrussville High School?
What grades does Hewitttrussville High School offer ?
What school district is Hewitttrussville High School part of?
View the Hewitttrussville High School yearly calendar below. Note key dates such as:
Review Hewitttrussville High School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities