Hickory Elementary School
Hickory Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Maryland for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 20%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 20%)
- Hickory Elementary School's student population of 677 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 46 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2008)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||677 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||46 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Hickory Elementary School is ranked within the top 20% of all 1367 schools in Maryland (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has increased from 14:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MD)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
- The school district of Hickory Elementary School is Harford County School District, which is ranked within the top 20% of all 25 school districts in Maryland (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Harford County School District's student population of 37,448 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $15,761 in this district is less than the state average of $16,454. The district revenue/student has grown by 8% over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $15,426 is less than the state average of $16,634. The district spending/student has grown by 8% over four school years.
|School District Name||Harford County School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||37,448||17,941|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Total Revenue||$597 MM||$295 MM|
|District Spending||$584 MM||$298 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$15,761||$16,454|
|District Spending / Student||$15,426||$16,634|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bel Air C. Milton Wright High School Grades: 9-12 | 1447 students
1301 N Fountain Green Rd
Bel Air, MD 21015
(410)638-4110 1.5 9-12 1447
- Forest Hill Forest Lakes Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 460 students
100 Osborne Pkwy
Forest Hill, MD 21050
(410)638-4262 1.8 K-5 460
- Forest Hill Forest Hill Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 474 students
2407 Rocks Rd
Forest Hill, MD 21050
(410)638-4166 2.2 K-5 474
- Bel Air Bel Air Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 477 students
30 E Lee St
Bel Air, MD 21014
(410)638-4160 2.7 PK-5 477
We analyze on a new study that shows restricting sugary snacks in vending machines in schools resulted in less weight-gain over a three-year period.
A number of school districts across the country are considering the closure of some of their public schools. We’ll look at reasons for the closures and what parents are doing to protest.
We report on the back to school campaign launched by CPS despite huge issues facing the district, including reports of school officials lying to get their children free lunches, conflicts between administrators and teachers’ union, and a lower bond rating.