Hicks High School
- Hicks High School's student population of 355 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 33 teachers has grown by 43% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||355 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||33 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Hicks High School's student:teacher ratio of 11:1 has decreased from 16:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (LA)|
|Overall School Rank||#82 out of 1,277 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||90-94%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1||15:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Vernon Parish School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Simpson Simpson High School Grades: PK-12 | 260 students
4262 Highway 8
Simpson, LA 71474
(337)383-7810 5.9 PK-12 260
- Hineston Oak Hill High School Grades: PK-12 | 773 students
7362 Highway 112
Hineston, LA 71438
(318)793-2014 14.6 PK-12 773
- Leesville Parkway Elementary School Grades: 1-5 | 665 students
3585 University Parkway
Leesville, LA 71446
(337)537-8120 16.2 1-5 665
- Pitkin Pitkin High School Grades: PK-12 | 496 students
7239 Highway 463
Pitkin, LA 70656
(318)358-3121 16.5 PK-12 496
Learn about the pros and cons surrounding year-round schools through studies arguing that students perform better in school without a summer break.
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.