High Plains Community High School
- High Plains Community High School's student population of 86 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 13 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||86 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- High Plains Community High School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 918 schools in Nebraska (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 7:1 has increased from 6:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NE)|
|Overall School Rank||#665 out of 918 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||≥80%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-59%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1||14:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||High Plains Community s School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Polk High Plains Elementary/polk Grades: 4-5 | 32 students
260 S Pine, Po Box 29
Polk, NE 68654
(402)765-2271 0.1 4-5 32
- Stromsburg Cross County Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 170 students
1270 123rd Road, Po Box 525
Stromsburg, NE 68666
(402)764-5521 9.2 PK-5 170
- Stromsburg Cross County Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 77 students
1270 123rd Rd, Po Box 525
Stromsburg, NE 68666
(402)764-5521 9.2 6-8 77
- Clarks High Plains Community Elem/clarks Grades: PK-3 | 64 students
205 Pearl St, Po Box 205
Clarks, NE 68628
(308)548-2216 10.5 PK-3 64
A NYC public school is now completely vegetarian! How have students reacted, and will other public schools follow suit?
The world is in a constant state of change and those who fail to adjust fall behind. Unfortunately, the American public education system has not kept up with the times and is currently facing a number of serious problems. Keep reading to learn about the biggest failures affecting the modern U.S. public education system as well as some of the trends that could spark change.
Summer break is a time to kick back and relax but it is also a great time to do activities that will boost your college applications. Keep reading to see how to boost your application this summer.