- Highland School's student population of 179 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 16 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||179 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Highland School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 676 schools in Idaho (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 11:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (ID)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#555 out of 676 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||25-29%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||35-39%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Highland Joint School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school, middle school and elementary school to Highland School is Nezperce School (10.8 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Nezperce Nezperce School Grades: PK-12 | 146 students
615 2nd Avenue
Nezperce, ID 83543
(208) 937-2551 10.8 PK-12 146
- Cottonwood Prairie Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 213 students
1916 E Street
Cottonwood, ID 83522
(208) 962-3122 14.4 PK-6 213
- Cottonwood Prairie Jr/sr High School Grades: 7-12 | 185 students
453 Keuterville Road
Cottonwood, ID 83522
(208) 962-3901 14.5 7-12 185
Gangs, drugs, and guns may be more prevalent on public school campuses than parents think. Learn about the high percentage of public school students who are exposed to these dangers each day – and what parents can do to protect their kids.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.
Learn about how public schools across the country are mandating community service hours in order to graduate.