Holland Elementary School
Holland Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Vermont for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 5%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 5%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 5%)
- Holland Elementary School's student population of 42 students has declined by 19% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 5 teachers has declined by 28% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||42 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Holland Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 290 schools in Vermont (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 8:1 has increased from 7:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (VT)|
|Overall School Rank||#284 out of 290 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient) (16-17)||≤20%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient) (16-17)||21-39%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1||12:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Holland School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Derby Line Derby Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 442 students
907 Elm Street
Derby Line, VT 05830
(802) 873-3162 5.5 PK-6 442
- Derby North Country Junior Uhsd #22 Grades: 7-8 | 231 students
57 Junior High Drive
Derby, VT 05829
(802) 766-2276 6.0 7-8 231
- West Charleston Charleston Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 114 students
255 Center School Road
West Charleston, VT 05872
(802) 895-2915 9.0 PK-8 114
- Newport Newport City Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 381 students
166 Sias Avenue
Newport, VT 05855
(802) 334-2455 9.0 PK-6 381
- Newport North Country Career Center Grades: 9-12
209 Veterans Avenue
Newport, VT 05855
(802) 334-5469 9.6 9-12 n/a
Should sixth graders be placed in elementary or middle school? We explore the pros and cons of the issue.
Learn 8 ways to guide your conversations with children when discussing high-profile acts of violence in schools.
Traditional Christmas carols, such as "Silent Night," may be sounds of the past on public school campuses. Learn about why schools are banning Christmas carols and how some parents are protesting the changes.