Homestead Senior High School
Top Placements (Florida)
Homestead Senior High School is Listed among the top public schools in Florida for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for gree lunch (Top 20%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 10%)
- Homestead Senior High School's student population of 1840 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 102 teachers has declined by 10% over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||1,840 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||102 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Homestead Senior High School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 3601 schools in Florida (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 18:1 has increased from 16:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (FL)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||16:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
- The school district of Homestead Senior High School is Dade School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 74 school districts in Florida (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Dade School District's student population of 357,931 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The district's graduation rate of 80% has increased from 71% over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $9,718 in this district is less than the state average of $12,987. The district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $10,356 is less than the state average of $13,734. The district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|School District Name||Dade School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||357,931||10,175|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Graduation Rate|
|District Total Revenue||$3,443 MM||$132 MM|
|District Spending||$3,669 MM||$140 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$9,718||$12,987|
|District Spending / Student||$10,356||$13,734|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Homestead Gateway Environmental K-8 Learning Center Grades: PK-8 | 1876 students
955 Se 18th Ave
Homestead, FL 33035
(305)257-6000 0.6 PK-8 1876
- Homestead Miami Community Charter High School Grades: 9-12 | 247 students
18720 Sw 352nd St
Homestead, FL 33034
(305)245-2552 1.1 9-12 247
- Homestead Lincoln-marti Schools International Campus Elementary School Grades: K-7 | 344 students
103 E Lucy St
Homestead, FL 33034
(305)242-3330 1.3 K-7 344
- Homestead South Dade Technical College Grades: PK-8
109 Ne 8th St
Homestead, FL 33030
(305)248-5723 1.5 PK-8 n/a
- Homestead Florida City Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 805 students
364 Nw 6th Ave
Homestead, FL 33034
(305)247-4676 1.6 PK-5 805
Students with disabilities may require the assistance of a service dog, but how might the presence of a dog in the classroom affect other students? Could it be too distracting?
Childhood obesity rates continue to climb. While many public schools have implemented policies and programs to combat the problem, there is always more to be done. Keep reading to learn what schools are doing to prevent obesity and how you can help.
Food allergies are no laughing matter and it doesn't take long for them to become dangerous. Keep reading to learn how to keep your child safe at school if he has a food allergy.