Hoover Elementary School
- Hoover Elementary School's student population of 361 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 25 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-4|
|Total Students||361 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Hoover Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,232 schools in Iowa (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#862 out of 1232 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||70-74%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||70-74%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||West Branch Community School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- West Branch West Branch High School Grades: 9-12 | 258 students
900 W Main
West Branch, IA 52358
(319) 643-7216 0.6 9-12 258
- Iowa City Helen Lemme Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 376 students
3100 Washington St
Iowa City, IA 52245
(319) 688-1125 7.2 PK-6 376
- Iowa City Robert Lucas Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 455 students
830 Southlawn Dr
Iowa City, IA 52245
(319) 688-1140 7.6 K-6 455
- West Liberty West Liberty High School Grades: 9-12 | 393 students
310 West Maxson Ave.
West Liberty, IA 52776
(319) 627-2115 7.8 9-12 393
Amidst the controversy surrounding President Obama's school address, learn about whether or not parents have any rights in choosing who their children's public schools invite as speakers.
Learn about the history of public schools incorporating self-contained classrooms, and whether they are right for your child.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.