Tipton Elementary School
- Tipton Elementary School's student population of 398 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 27 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2017)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-4|
|Total Students||398 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||27 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Tipton Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has increased from 14:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IA)|
|Overall School Rank||#141 out of 1,252 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||85-89%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||80-84%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||14:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Tipton Comm School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Tipton Tipton High School Grades: 9-12 | 282 students
400 E 6th St
Tipton, IA 52772
(563)886-6027 0.7 9-12 282
- Tipton Tipton Middle School Grades: 5-8 | 323 students
725 West 7th St.
Tipton, IA 52772
(563)886-6025 0.9 5-8 323
- Bennett Bennett Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 69 students
300 Cedar St
Bennett, IA 52721
(563)890-2226 8.5 PK-6 69
- Clarence North Cedar Jr/sr High School Grades: 7-12 | 361 students
400 Ball Street
Clarence, IA 52216
(563)942-3341 8.5 7-12 361
- Mechanicsville North Cedar Mechanicsville Elementary Center Grades: PK-6 | 213 students
609 125th St.
Mechanicsville, IA 52306
(563)432-6933 11.2 PK-6 213
In a district where progressive discipline policies are already the norm, Denver Public Schools seek to limit student exposure to the criminal justice system, rather than criminalize student behavior.
Some schools in the country only give students 10 minutes to eat lunch, while others enjoy an entire hour. We’ll delve into the controversy surrounding the length of the lunch period and what the research finds in correlating lunch length to student performance.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.