Hoover High School
- Grades: 9-12
- Enrollment: 2,147 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 25:1
- Minority Enrollment: 99%
- Graduation Rate: 86% (Top 50% in CA)
- Overall Testing Rank: Bottom 50%
- Math Proficiency: 18% (Btm 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 51% (Top 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), CA Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
18% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 40% CA state average), while 51% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 51% CA state average).
What is the graduation rate of Hoover High School?
The graduation rate of Hoover High School is 86%, which is higher than the California state average of 84%.
How many students attend Hoover High School?
2,147 students attend Hoover High School.
What is the ethnic breakdown of the student body?
77% of Hoover High School students are Hispanic, 12% of students are Asian, 8% of students are Black, 2% of students are Two or more races, and 1% of students are White.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Hoover High School?
Hoover High School has a student ration of 25:1, which is higher than the California state average of 22:1.
What grades does Hoover High School offer ?
Hoover High School offers enrollment in grades 9-12
View the Hoover High School yearly calendar below. Note key dates such as:
Review Hoover High School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities