Horizon Elementary School
- Horizon Elementary School's student population of 665 students has grown by 7% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 33 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-6|
|Total Students||665 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||33 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Horizon Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 20:1 has increased from 18:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AL)|
|Overall School Rank||#21 out of 1,264 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Madison City School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Huntsville Columbia High School Grades: 9-12 | 950 students
300 Explorer Boulevard
Huntsville, AL 35806
(256)428-7576 1.6 9-12 950
- Huntsville New Century Technical Demo High School Grades: 9-12 | 446 students
2500 Meridian Street Nw
Huntsville, AL 35806
(256)428-7800 1.6 9-12 446
- Madison Madison Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 575 students
17 College St
Madison, AL 35758
(256)772-9255 2.1 K-6 575
Learn about the pros and cons surrounding year-round schools through studies arguing that students perform better in school without a summer break.
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.