- School Type: Alternative school
- Grades: Kindergarten-12
- Enrollment: 259 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 19:1
- Minority Enrollment: 75%
- Graduation Rate: 85-89% (Top 50% in CA)
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 50%
- Math Proficiency: 20-29% (Btm 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 70-79% (Top 10%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), CA Dept. of Education
Horizon ranks among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Horizon's ranking?
Horizon ranks among the top 20% of public schools in California for: Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 10%) and Lowest student:teacher ratio (Top 20%).
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
20-29% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 34% CA state average), while 70-79% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 49% CA state average).
What is the graduation rate of Horizon?
The graduation rate of Horizon is 85-89%, which is higher than the California state average of 85%.
How many students attend Horizon?
259 students attend Horizon.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
66% of Horizon students are Hispanic, 25% of students are White, 5% of students are Two or more races, 3% of students are Black, and 1% of students are American Indian.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Horizon?
Horizon has a student ration of 19:1, which is lower than the California state average of 22:1.
What grades does Horizon offer ?
Horizon offers enrollment in grades Kindergarten-12
What school district is Horizon part of?
Horizon is part of Desert Sands Unified School District.
View the Horizon yearly calendar below. Note key dates such as:
Review Horizon. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities