Horizon Science Academy Lorain
- Horizon Science Academy Lorain's student population of 628 students has grown by 15% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 50 teachers has grown by 21% over five school years.
|School Type||Charter School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||628 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||50 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Horizon Science Academy Lorain is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 3,224 schools in Ohio (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 13:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (OH)|
|Overall School Rank||#2585 out of 3,224 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Horizon Science Academy Lorain School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Lorain Summit Academy Middle School - Lorain Grades: 6-8 | 91 students
346 Illinois Ave
Lorain, OH 44052
(440)288-0448 0.0 6-8 91
- Lorain General Johnnie Wilson Middle School Grades: 7-8 | 457 students
2700 Washington Ave
Lorain, OH 44052
(440)246-1020 0.7 7-8 457
- Lorain Garfield Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 295 students
200 W 31st St
Lorain, OH 44055
(440)246-1114 0.8 PK-6 295
- Lorain Durling Middle School Grades: 5-8 | 531 students
100 N Ridge Rd W
Lorain, OH 44053
(440)233-6869 0.9 5-8 531
While some schools are debating whether to teach sex ed, Philadelphia schools will be making free condoms available in 22 schools across the district.
The world is in a constant state of change and those who fail to adjust fall behind. Unfortunately, the American public education system has not kept up with the times and is currently facing a number of serious problems. Keep reading to learn about the biggest failures affecting the modern U.S. public education system as well as some of the trends that could spark change.
Summer break is a time to kick back and relax but it is also a great time to do activities that will boost your college applications. Keep reading to see how to boost your application this summer.