Horizon Science Academy Lorain School District
- For the 2020 school year, there is 1 public school in Horizon Science Academy Lorain School District, serving 679 students.
- Public school in Horizon Science Academy Lorain School District have an average math proficiency score of 50% (versus the Ohio public school average of 62%), and reading proficiency score of 47% (versus the 63% statewide average). This district's average school ranking is in the bottom 50% of public schools in Ohio.
- Minority enrollment is 70% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is more than the Ohio public school average of 30% (majority Black).
- The student:teacher ratio of 13:1 is less than the Ohio public school average of 18:1.
|School District Name||Horizon Science Academy Lorain School District|
|School District Website||http://www.horizonlorain.org/|
|School District Phone Number||(440)282-4277|
|School District Grades Offered||KG - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (OH)|
|# of Schools||1 School||3,600 Schools|
|# of Students||679 Students||1,702,321 Students|
|# of Teachers||53 Teachers||94,957 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||18:1|
- Horizon Science Academy Lorain School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 938 school districts in Ohio (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 80% has increased from 50% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (OH)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||1 Student||2,101 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||n/a||40,791 Students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||269 Students||97,208 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||136 Students||282,313 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||204 Students||1,190,519 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||1 Student||1,400 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||68 Students||87,863 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-||37,404|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||74||122,925|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||74||123,083|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||71||123,814|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||70||131,176|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||50||128,085|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||52||130,789|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||54||129,812|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||53||128,307|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||47||130,455|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||41||141,022|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||39||133,403|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||36||120,595|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||18||121,451|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||-|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $2,726 in this school district is less than the state average of $12,577. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $2,539 is less than the state average of $11,659. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (OH)|
|Total Revenue||$1 MM||$11 MM|
|Spending||$1 MM||$10 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$2,726||$12,577|
|Spending / Student||$2,539||$11,659|
Horizon Science Academy Lorain School District Public Schools (2020)
School (Math/Reading Proficiency)
- Horizon Science Academy Lorain 760 Tower Blvd
Lorain, OH 44052
Grades: K-12 | 679 students
We examine proposed changes to high school athletic policies in both Ohio and Florida, which have been met with both support and opposition from residents of the states.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.