- Hospital Homebound's student population of 29 students has declined by 30% over five school years.
|School Type||Special education school|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||29 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||n/a|
|Students by Grade|
- Hospital Homebound is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,391 schools in Florida (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2013-14 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (FL)|
|Overall School Rank||--|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-59%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||≥50%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||n/a||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Alachua School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Gainesville Early Learning Academy At Duval Grades: PK-K | 425 students
2106 Ne Eight Ave
Gainesville, FL 32641
(352)955-6703 0.7 PK-K 425
- Gainesville Abraham Lincoln Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 720 students
1001 Se 12th St
Gainesville, FL 32641
(352)955-6711 0.8 6-8 720
- Gainesville Pace Grades: 6-12 | 50 students
1010 Se 4th Ave
Gainesville, FL 32601
(352)374-8799 0.8 6-12 50
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
As of 2014, nineteen states still allow corporal punishment – spanking and paddling the most common choices – in their public schools. However, some argue that not only are these punishments physically harmful, they also are disproportionately administered to students of color. As a result, House democrats have taken up the issue in a new bill that would ban all forms of corporal punishment nationwide.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.