- Hospital/homebound's student population of 96 students has declined by 9% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 10 teachers has declined by 23% over five school years.
|School Type||Alternative school|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||96 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Hospital/homebound's student:teacher ratio of 10:1 has increased from 8:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (TX)|
|Overall School Rank||#7836 out of 7,879 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤20%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||30-39%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Dallas Isd School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Dallas Maya Angelou High School Grades: 7-12 | 17 students
4528 Rusk Ave
Dallas, TX 75204
(972)925-2200 0.0 7-12 17
- Dallas Dr Wright L Lassiter Junior Early College High School Grades: 9-12 | 237 students
701 Elm St 1st Floor
Dallas, TX 75202
(214)860-2356 0.8 9-12 237
- Dallas Pegasus Charter High School Grades: K-12 | 599 students
601 N Akard St Ste 203
Dallas, TX 75201
(214)740-9991 0.8 K-12 599
- Dallas Uplift Luna Preparatory Primary Grades: K-5 | 442 students
2020 N Lamar St Ste 100
Dallas, TX 75207
(469)621-8500 1.0 K-5 442
- Dallas Billy Earl Dade Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 894 students
2801 Park Row Ave
Dallas, TX 75215
(972)749-3800 1.4 6-8 894
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.