Howard Elementary School
- Grades: Kindergarten-6
- Enrollment: 273 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 18:1
- Minority Enrollment: 96%
- Overall Testing Rank: Bottom 50% in CA
- Math Proficiency: 20-24% (Btm 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 25-29% (Btm 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), CA Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
20-24% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 40% CA state average), while 25-29% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 51% CA state average).
How many students attend Howard Elementary School?
273 students attend Howard Elementary School.
What is the ethnic breakdown of the student body?
46% of Howard Elementary School students are Black, 29% of students are Hispanic, 15% of students are Two or more races, 4% of students are Asian, 4% of students are White, and 2% of students are Hawaiian.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Howard Elementary School?
Howard Elementary School has a student ration of 18:1, which is lower than the California state average of 22:1.
What grades does Howard Elementary School offer ?
Howard Elementary School offers enrollment in grades Kindergarten-6
Review Howard Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities