Hunter Street Elementary School
- Hunter Street Elementary School's student population of 440 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 29 teachers has grown by 7% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-4|
|Total Students||440 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||29 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Hunter Street Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1130 schools in South Carolina (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has decreased from 17:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (SC)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||45-49%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||35-39%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
- The school district of Hunter Street Elementary School is York 01 School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 85 school districts in South Carolina (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- York 01 School District's student population of 5,163 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $10,887 is higher than the state average of $10,151. The district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $19,969 is higher than the state average of $10,341. The district spending/student has grown by 87% over four school years.
|School District Name||York 01 School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||5,163||3,820|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Total Revenue||$56 MM||$39 MM|
|District Spending||$103 MM||$40 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$10,887||$10,151|
|District Spending / Student||$19,969||$10,341|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- York Harold C. Johnson Elementary School Grades: PK-4 | 467 students
400 East Jefferson Street
York, SC 29754
(803)818-6040 0.9 PK-4 467
- York York Intermediate Grades: 5-6 | 615 students
1280 Johnson Road
York, SC 29745
(803)684-2311 2.4 5-6 615
- York Cotton Belt Elementary School Grades: PK-4 | 427 students
1176 Black Highway
York, SC 29745
(803)684-1947 2.5 PK-4 427
- York Floyd D. Johnson Technology Center Grades: 9-12
275 Alexander Love Highway
York, SC 29745
(803)684-1910 2.5 9-12 n/a
Students with disabilities may require the assistance of a service dog, but how might the presence of a dog in the classroom affect other students? Could it be too distracting?
Childhood obesity rates continue to climb. While many public schools have implemented policies and programs to combat the problem, there is always more to be done. Keep reading to learn what schools are doing to prevent obesity and how you can help.
Food allergies are no laughing matter and it doesn't take long for them to become dangerous. Keep reading to learn how to keep your child safe at school if he has a food allergy.