Independence Elementary School
- Grades: Kindergarten-5
- Enrollment: 467 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 15:1
- Minority Enrollment: 60%
- Overall Testing Rank: Bottom 50% in SC
- Math Proficiency: 45% (Btm 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 43% (Btm 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), SC Dept. of Education
(offers virtual instruction)
Frequently Asked Questions
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
45% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 46% SC state average), while 43% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 48% SC state average).
How many students attend Independence Elementary School?
467 students attend Independence Elementary School.
What is the ethnic breakdown of the student body?
40% of Independence Elementary School students are White, 36% of students are Black, 11% of students are Hispanic, 10% of students are Two or more races, 2% of students are American Indian, and 1% of students are Asian.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Independence Elementary School?
Independence Elementary School has a student ration of 15:1, which is higher than the South Carolina state average of 14:1.
What grades does Independence Elementary School offer ?
Independence Elementary School offers enrollment in grades Kindergarten-5 (offers virtual instruction).
Review Independence Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities