- Hysham School's student population of 33 students has declined by 10% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 5 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||33 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Hysham School's student:teacher ratio of 7:1 has decreased from 8:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MT)|
|Overall School Rank||#503 out of 573 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||21-39%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||<50%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1||14:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch||n/a|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Hysham K-12 s School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Custer Custer School Grades: PK-6 | 48 students
304 4th Avenue
Custer, MT 59024
(406)856-4117 19.3 PK-6 48
- Forsyth Forsyth 7-8 Grades: 7-8 | 61 students
Forsyth, MT 59327
(406)346-2796 26.3 7-8 61
- Melstone Melstone School Grades: PK-6 | 41 students
5 6th Avenue N
Melstone, MT 59054
(406)358-2352 37.0 PK-6 41
- Rosebud Rosebud School Grades: PK-6 | 20 students
601 Main Street
Rosebud, MT 59347
(406)347-5353 37.7 PK-6 20
- Colstrip Pine Butte Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 269 students
2800 Durango Drive
Colstrip, MT 59323
(406)748-4699 39.2 PK-5 269
Across the country, public schools are being caught red-handed in manipulating their test scores, graduation rates, and campus safety data. Learn about why schools are cheating and how they are distorting the truth.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.