- I.S. 289's student population of 282 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 18 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2007)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||282 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- I.S. 289's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NY)|
|Overall School Rank||#1126 out of 4,239 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||14:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||New York City Geographic # 2 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- New York P.S. 89 Grades: PK-5 | 415 students
201 Warren St
New York, NY 10282
(212)571-5659 0.0 PK-5 415
- New York P.S. 234 Independence School Grades: K-5 | 680 students
292 Greenwich St
New York, NY 10007
(212)233-6034 0.1 K-5 680
- New York P.S. 150 Grades: PK-5 | 185 students
334 Greenwich St
New York, NY 10013
(212)732-4392 0.2 PK-5 185
- New York Broome Street Academy Charter High School Grades: 9-12 | 318 students
121 Ave Of The Americas
New York, NY 10013
(212)453-0295 0.4 9-12 318
With changing state and national educational standards, will your child's public school have the ability to meet these requirements? Learn about the problems with public school performance and how parents can get involved.
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.