Top Greenville Public Schools
- For the 2021 school year, there are 3 public schools in Greenville, IL, serving 1,467 students. Greenville has one of the highest concentrations of top ranked public schools in Illinois.
- Greenville, IL public schools have an average math proficiency score of 34% (versus the Illinois public school average of 32%), and reading proficiency score of 41% (versus the 37% statewide average). Schools in Greenville have an average ranking of 6/10, which is in the top 50% of Illinois public schools.
- Minority enrollment is 12% of the student body (majority Hispanic and Black), which is less than the Illinois public school average of 52% (majority Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 16:1 is more than the Illinois public school average of 15:1.
Top Greenville, IL Public Schools (2021)
- School (Math and Reading Proficiency) Location Grades Students
- Greenville Junior High School 1200 Jr High Dr
Greenville, IL 62246
Grades: 6-8 | 299 students
Learn about why technical public high schools are earning attention for their unique career-training opportunities.
In light of an upcoming study on Montessori education in South Carolina, as well as the growing popularity of the Montessori Method in public charter schools, we’ll take a look at the principles behind Montessori education and whether it is an effective method for preparing some students for the professional world or higher education.
Some educators and community leaders are pushing for more math and science at the high school level. Is the move really necessary and if so, how do schools get students more interested in these STEM subjects?